Lilies and short stories | tori's tales: Lilies and short stories

19 March 2013

Lilies and short stories

My new book, standing out amongst all of the boy's classics (hmmmm, Anna Karenina's sorry looking
spine may have been my doing :/ )

This morning I became the proud owner of a brand new book - Miranda July's 'No One Belongs Here More Than You'. It was an impulse buy (if you can really call purchasing a book an impulse!) as I have no idea what it's really about, only that it's a collection of short stories, but July's name has been bandied around a few times in articles I've read, and her films are those on my list of 'to watch' (along with about a thousand others that I'm not sure I'll ever make the time for, sigh), so I thought I'd give it a go. Not only that but I can't remember the last time I picked up and finished a novel. A good few months back now. So I think short stories are all my pretty sparrow-like attention span can handle right now. I'll let you know.

Are there any books you've read and have/haven't enjoyed recently?

Thank you Dodge and Moom!
In other news, look how pretty our flowers are! 9 days on and they are still going strong, with all the lilies in bloom now. Flowers certainly do perk up a room and every so often my gaze falls on them and I can't help but smile!

6 comments:

  1. I just reviewed this book for Nouvelle Daily ;)

    http://www.nouvelledaily.com/blog/posts/2013/march/read-no-one-belongs-here-more-than-you/

    I really liked it. You'll have to let me know what you think!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you know what, I've just realised that's where I must have got the idea from...your blog! Haha, there's me thinking I'd come up with the book choice on my own! Silly me. Well, I thank you for the memory jog Bee, I'll pop over and have a read :)

      Delete
  2. Looks like the book was a great find! You'll have to let us readers know how it goes! Thanks for sharing! Xo, M&K at brewedtogether.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've read a couple and they were both incredibly interesting and unlike anything I've come across before. Unusual subject choices. From a vivid imagination, I've no doubt! I very much appreciate you having a read of my blog, thank you!

      Delete
  3. Miranda July is amazing! You have to watch Me, You and Everything We Know - it's one of my favourite films. And read, 'Learning to Love you More' x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've read about 5 of her stories now. They're a little unusual for my taste but I am enjoying her righting. I most definitely want to watch the film. The book, or project?, you mentioned sounds incredibly interesting so I will definitely look into purchasing that next. Thank you for the recommendations :) xx

      Delete

To my fabulous Tori's Tales comment'ers - I cherish each and every comment you take the time to leave me and, because of that, I reply to each and every one in return. If you have a Twitter account, then that's where you'll find me replying (because, let's be honest, I live on Twitter. In Twitter. Around Twitter. Twitter). If you don't then fear not, because a) this means you don't say stuff like the things above and b) I'll find you elsewhere.......
(*creeps you all out*)