A tale of freedom | tori's tales: A tale of freedom

7 June 2013

A tale of freedom



FREEDOM!! 

Ok, that's a little premature as I'm only free for the summer (after which I'll be starting all over again!) but I'm hoping you can forgive my my rash word choice because, you guys, I've made it through (who'da thunk it?!) my first year at uni!

Now, I can't deny I've found it tough (you don't say!) but to now be at the end of this year, looking back over these past few months (because they've been the ones I've most struggled with) it does make me feel happy to know that, despite there being times I've not necessarily coped the best I could have done, I didn't give up. And now I'm here, sat typing on my first day of Summer, the next few months stretched out in front of me like some kind of delicious meal to feast upon. And I can't wait to see what (kind of courses? Seems when you use an analogy, you've got to try and run with it!) they bring me. 

Last summer I couldn't imagine what it would be like to be a uni student, nor could I ever imagine myself ever being one (despite the fact I had only a few months before that thought, or non-thought!, became a reality!), so to have seen out my first year does feel like quite the achievement.

A big apology needs to go out to those who follow my twitter and have probably put up with more than their fair share of miserable-tweet reading. Even more so to my wonderful friends, those magical ladies, who have listened to me moan on Facebook (or via dm on twitter, ha!) and have offered me advice, or support, or just been there for me over these past few months (you all know who you are). The same goes to my family, who put up with texts, phone calls and emails (wow, I've definitely exploited all kinds of media!), offering me their time when I've needed it. This has all meant so much to me.

I don't have many (actually I don't think any! No, wait, I have one!) photos of my first year to share with you - that's what being a mature student who lives in town, away from the university campus, does to you - so you'll just have to make do with this one......


5 comments:

  1. Well done lovely! Enjoy your summer and relax! I finished uni for good today and cannot wait to enjoy the summer too :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congratulations Kirsti!! I've been following all your pics etc and your final collection was fabulous!! How amazing to be free of it all and have your time as your own :) I do hope you enjoy it :D xxx

      Delete
    2. Aww thank you so much lovely! You are such a sweetie :D I hope you enjoy your time off too, we deserve it ;) xxx

      Delete
  2. Congrats on finishing first year, hope it all went well :)
    Experiencing the same summer feeling myself & definitely making the most of it - third year starts in September :/

    Hope you have a wonderful Summer :)

    Charlotte xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you enjoy your summer too Charlotte. The end is near for you then! I do hope you have had a positive university experience this far.

      I will be getting my results of my exams in just under 2 weeks - bit stressful counting down the days but hopefully all will turn out ok!

      And thank you so much for taking the time to read and comment on my post - it definitely means a lot to me :) xx

      Delete

To my fabulous Tori's Tales comment'ers - I cherish each and every comment you take the time to leave me and, because of that, I reply to each and every one in return. If you have a Twitter account, then that's where you'll find me replying (because, let's be honest, I live on Twitter. In Twitter. Around Twitter. Twitter). If you don't then fear not, because a) this means you don't say stuff like the things above and b) I'll find you elsewhere.......
(*creeps you all out*)