100! | tori's tales: 100!

28 September 2013

100!

In honour of me reaching my 100th post (holy moly!) I thought I'd share 10 'top ten's' (or rather, ten lots of 'these are ten random things I could think of at this moment in time') with you to celebrate. Hopefully it'll be of some interest to you! (a big massive thanks must go to Chloe who suggested the idea for this post. She's a star!!)

Thank you to everyone who visits this little space and reads my words. You and your kindness makes every post special.

Ten posts
Ten film favourites

Credit: fanpop.com
Romeo and Juliet

The Virgin Suicides

Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist

How To Lose A Guy In 10 Days

Never Been Kissed

50 First Dates

Juno

Mean Girls

American Beauty

30 Days Of Night

Ten book recommendations
Credit: found at amyjbennett.com
The Time Traveller's Wife 
(the one thing I must say to you is that if you are at all interested in this story is, please, read it.
Don't watch it. I beg of you!)

The Lovely Bones
(same as above, it's a lovely - albeit very sad - read but the film? Ick)

The Casual Vacancy

War and Peace

The Fault In Our Stars

Your Voice In My Head

The Sense of An Ending

Any and all Harry Potter's

When God Was A Rabbit

Plea Of Insanity (random pick!)

Ten blogs I love to read
Credit: Kitty Gallannaugh, Searching For Tomorrow










Ten albums that mean something to me
Credit: Domino Records
Arctic Monkeys - Whatever People Say I am, That's What I'm Not

It is a massive toss up between all of their albums as to which one has had the most impact, but I think it's got to be this one. I had no knowledge of Arctic Monkey's beyond 'I Bet You....' (a song I am not a big fan of nowadays thanks to the rather large amount of times its been rammed down my throat at Monkeys gigs!) when I met the boy back in 2009 but, as a firm favourite of his, I was introduced to it very early on in our relationship and fell hook, line and sinker. If you've never listened to it, where on earth have you been? My favourites have got to be Mardy Bum (of course!) and A Certain Romance, although the whole album has so many deliciously-worded songs that it certainly is a hard choice to make.

Amy Winehouse - Back to Black

I can't remember when I first listened to this album but I do remember loving it from the word go. The boy and I are known to whack this on loud and have a good top-of-our-lungs sing-along, especially when travelling. I can still remember when we heard Amy had died - we were in Regensburg, Germany and had the radio on. Hearing her name mentioned among others belonging to the '27 Club' made my heart skip a beat, and our playing of the album that night was met with rather large tears (from me) and toasts to her talent.

Panic At the Disco - A Fever You Can't Sweat Out

Oh, Brendon. You stole a piece of my heart back when I popped AFYCSO on my MP3 for the very first and you've had hold of it ever since. Of course, any plays nowadays of 'Lying Is The Most Fun A Girl Can Have Without Taking Her Clothes Off' will forever be tainted by your daring to get married to a bloody beautiful Katy-Perry-lookalike (sigh).

Bloc Party - A Weekend In The City

Another album introduced by the boy, way back when. I'm now a big fan of everything BP touches, but this album is the pinnacle, for me. Put it on, lads and lasses, and have a hop-around-the-living-room dance sesh.

Paolo Nutini - These Streets

I used to listen to this album back when I was a Nanny for a rather special little monkey and I remember dull bus and train journeys mellowed and smoothed by Paolo's scrumptious tones. Seriously, is there anything more gorgeous than him singing Loving You? ARGH.

Lady Gaga - The Fame

Oh Ms Gaga, you certainly made my job as a cleaner a far more enjoyable one. Cue Thursday mornings back in 2009 when I would spend time singing along to Gaga's first offering whilst hoovering and cleaning sinks. 

Outkast - Speakerboxxx/The Love Below

An odd addition for me because I can't really remember playing this all too often - I'm not sure when I would have had the chance - but anything that includes the ass-shaking-fabulousness that is 'Hey Ya' (can you please just take a minute to swallow the information that is that this album and song was released TEN years ago?!!!) surely has to be on such a list (and let me just say, it was all about The Love Below for me, Andre 3000 can really do no wrong).

TLC - Fanmail

I'm don't know how I managed to get my hands on a copy of this one (it being parental advisory and all) but back in 1999/2000 this rarely left my, uhm, portable cd player. Many a night was spent listening to their rather, ahem, grown-up lyrics, and me giving it the old booty shake action and imagining myself dancing along to 'No Scrubs' on the MTV VMA stage (I'm not sure why but it's the one awards show I've always wanted to attend!). I had no idea, really, what an impact their message would have on me but I can say, hand on heart, that was a positive one. Even now, as I type this, I have a feeling of female empowerment wash over me. TLC, you were some badass mo's. 

Maximo Park - Our Earthly Pleasures

Nosebleed. That is all.

The Maccabees - Colour It In

I can remember when Toothpaste Kisses came out and just thinking 'who are these people?'. Their music was unlike anything I'd ever come across before (thanks to growing up in the land of Pop music) and I remember being intrigued enough to head to HMV and pick the album out pretty soon after my first listen. Yes, Wall of Arms is no doubt my favourite of theirs, but Colour It In is truly something special. First Love? Who didn't fall?

Ten of my favourite travel-spots
Our apartment in Mui Ne (excuse the dodgy photo!)
I've definitely made this hard for myself, but here it goes...

Salzburg

Venice

Berlin

Garda

Copenhagen

Bern

Bangkok

Prague

Mui Ne, Vietnam
(the apartment above was gorgeous, in a beautiful area, right on the beach, surrounded by fabulous little eateries and came with a scrummy breakfast included. We paid $30 a night. Crazy!)

Bamburgh

Ten telly faves (old and new)
Credit: Impawards (I love how old this looks because it makes me realise just how old I am!)
Ally McBeal
(if you've never watched it, please do. Honestly, it's so good. Robert Downery Jr is in it, in case you need a shove. You can click through above to listen to him sing)

Sex And The City

CSI (the original, Las Vegas)

Orange Is The New Black (a recent fave)

Derek

Peep Show (a forever favourite)

Phoenix Nights

Buffy The Vampire Slayer

Arrested Development

Modern Family

Ten random facts about me
Credit: disneyworld.com
I am a mature student at the University of Nottingham, 2 days away from starting my second year of a Philosophy degree.

(now the boring one is over and done with....)

I bloody love watching stand-up. The ruder, the better!!

I am not a great flyer and used to have to take a form of Valium to calm me down before doing so.

I really dislike card shopping. I don't know what it is, because I actually really like cards, but shopping for them puts my teeth on edge.

I have joint hyper-mobility syndrome, a not-so-fun illness that causes daily pain and makes things like brushing my teeth a major event.

I only wear odd socks. Life's to short to be matchy-matchy from head to toe.

I adore Walt Disney World, Florida. I very much would move there tomorrow if I had the chance, although I'd be doing so without the boy because he doesn't like Disney or theme parks.
(I know, right?!)

I am very much a morning person. I'm happier to wake up early than I am to stay up late.

I have a little, almost lighting-bolt-esque, scar underneath my bottom lip.

I don't like picnics because I hate food that's been hanging around, even if an icebox is involved. Bleurgh.

My top-ten Autumn wishlist
L-R Top row: Dress, Backpack, Blanket, Tee
Middle row: Scarf, Bag
Bottom row: Tee, Quilt, Boots, Dress
Ten of my all-time-everything favourites!!
My bedroom wall back home
Peter Pan

Cookies that are warm and soft in the inside but have an outside crunch!

A hug from my boy

My (family) home

Home cooked egg-fried rice

My brothers laugh

Painted toenails

New York

Gross-out comedy's 

You. All of you.

5 comments:

  1. What a lovely round up! Many congrats on getting to 100 :)
    Rosie x | Every Word Handwritten

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your 100th post! I still haven't read The Time Travelers Wife but seen the film which I didn't think was too bad, I have to agree with you on The Lovely Bones, I watch the film this year and it was so bad the book is lovely.

    Hannah
    x
    Dainty&Ivory

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just brilliant.

    Gemma
    fadedwindmills.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a great idea for a post Tori! I'm 7 away from my 200th post so I might do something similar if I remember!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful lists!! I love this post!! I used to write a 10 Things post and this makes me want to start it back up again!! :)

    ReplyDelete

To my fabulous Tori's Tales comment'ers - I cherish each and every comment you take the time to leave me and, because of that, I reply to each and every one in return. If you have a Twitter account, then that's where you'll find me replying (because, let's be honest, I live on Twitter. In Twitter. Around Twitter. Twitter). If you don't then fear not, because a) this means you don't say stuff like the things above and b) I'll find you elsewhere.......
(*creeps you all out*)